WORK WITH US
This position is to engage, manage and work directly to improve the activities of the collections department for the organization. This will be achieved by: Evaluating, providing analysis, conclusions and recommendations to determine collection strategy and communicate this information to other team members; Reviewing accounts receivable on a regular basis or when requested for existing accounts and enforcing the company’s collection policy; Engage in collecting delinquent accounts and communicating all credit related issues to all levels of management.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
- Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits
- Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents
- Submit requests to management and supporting documentation for accounts requiring credit lines
- Research and make decisions on finance charges
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and provide appropriate reporting procedures
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates of receivables to management
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved
- Generates legal documents used in the credit function
Manages Accounts Receivable Representatives. Responsible for the developing and maintaining an environment to help motivate the team to optimize their performance and professional growth.
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and five (5) plus years related experience.
- Five (5) plus years in a collection management function.
- Must have experience in a collection environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Bankruptcy Claim Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company.
- Knowledge of contract payments in a software development environment essential.
- Microsoft Office products and ERP system experience.
- Must be a driver and change agent to improve processes and procedures.
- Understands purpose of legal documentation and terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of company’s products.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research, bankruptcy claims.
Click here to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, affectional preference, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.