WORK WITH US
|POSITION:||Software Development Manager|
|Location:||Minnetonka, MN 55305|
A full-time (exempt) position with the main responsibility for hands-on technical and administrative leadership for a team of developers. This includes creating and implementing a vision for the employees, managing development process and priorities, designing, reviewing and implementing software, and developing the members of the team. Also finalizing projects and managing the team to meet deliverable timelines within budget. Regular communication of all critical business information to upper management. This role requires occasional travel to our operations center in Watertown, South Dakota.
|% of Time|
|1. Hands-On technical leadership, conflict resolution, task delegation||30|
|2. Set and manage project expectations and development priorities with business stakeholders and communicate these to the development team||30|
|3. Interact with management peers on the overall departmental activities and vision||15|
|4. Interact with other technical teams for collaboration on cross-functional systems and integration||10|
|5. Interact with partners/vendors||5|
|6. Miscellaneous Duties.||10|
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related area, or equivalent experience.
- The main technologies used are Microsoft C# .NET (Web Services, Web Pages, Business Rules Classes, Data Access classes, Window Services), Cold Fusion and SQL Server.
- 8+ years of software development experience with some project management/team leading
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- High degree of competence is required with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project.
- Networking and Windows Server administration (programming WMI, IIS, vbscript, batch files) skills a plus.
- Software installation and/or automated build skills a plus.
- Agile development experience a plus. Currently using a mix of Waterfall and Agile
- Process Driven – able to strategically map out best practices and process improvement where necessary.l.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Click here to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, affectional preference, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.